Bienvenidos!

My name is Molly, and I am your tour guide...err, I mean blogger.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maaaaybe 3 hours

Hi all!

I'm back again!  For now.  I find that instead of writing an immensely long facebook status, I could just write in here! My forgotten blog!  Maybe I should rename my blog (again): The Forgotten Blog. Haha.

I don't even remember the last time I wrote here so...here we go:

-->Michael and I play racqetball 2 or 3 times a week now.  He taught me how to play.  I was AWFUL at first but I can feel myself getting better.  It really does eat up time. Love it.
-->Both of the puppies have been neutered. Kuma is 1 year old now! Maximus is 5 months old but just as big as Kuma.  They are still destroying things, no matter how many toys are laying around.
-->I discovered Pinterest and I will readily admit I'm addicted.  I love finding ideas and inspiration. Here's the link to my page if you'd like to check out things I'm into: pinterest.com/penguin8289

The downside about Pinterest is there is SO many more things I want to do!  Incredible crafts.  Super tips and tricks for just about anything.  Beautiful inspiration for style and decor.  I really enjoy it.  Unfortunately, it just adds to the incredibly long list of things I want/need to do.  Sometimes, that 'list' greatly frustrates me.  I figure if I tried to get all of the things accomplished I wanted to, I might get 3 hours of sleep.  Maybe.  Here are some of the things on my 'to do' list that I can think of off of the top of my head:


Work full-time (8-5)
Laundry
Dishes
Groceries
Cooking dinner
Make lunch
House Cleaning
Walk/train/play with the dogs
Prayer/Bible Reading
Working out
Double-dates
Dates
Yard Work
'House-making'
Bible Study/Worship Team
Dinner with Family/In-Laws
Read (both fiction & non)

You probably look at that and think that I need to pick my priorities.  You'd be right.  I have been trying, especially since I realized my frustration and complaining about any of the above affects my husband.  It truly does.  He tells me often how miserable I am because I feel so helpless to do what I feel I need to do (working full time eats up SO much of my day!).  Then, a broadcast I was working on caught my attention and I had never though about it and he hadn't either, but it made sense:  he was becoming frustrated because he can't fix it for me.  He can't just magically change our circumstances.  When I realized this, I came to the conclusion that I could suck it up and make it work.  So, I've decided on a few things I'm going to focus on to help me feel more productive.  Goals below!

-Walk dogs in the morning. This one is quite literally a chore.  I hate getting up early.  And Maximus is NOT good on a leash yet.
-Make lunch the night before.  We're trying to get out the door closer to our 7:30 goal.
-Each night, pick either dishes or laundry to do.  (We can't run them both or it all backs up into the tub and toilet!)
-Play racquetball at least 2 times a week.
-Keep trying to read my Historical reading plan for the Bible.  I keep falling behind, but I can't let that get to me or I won't continue at all.

Those are just a few of the things I'm trying to concentrate on.  I want to be joyful and productive and sometimes that is hard. I pray that taking these baby steps will help me get there. 

1 comment:

  1. hey molly! good to hear you're still alive. I was thinking about you the other day. I can't find time to do anything I need to get done, either. It is really frustrating. In college, at least, I knew the workload would take a break eventually. But now that I'm working (like you!) it dawned on me that the work will never end!

    ReplyDelete