Bienvenidos!

My name is Molly, and I am your tour guide...err, I mean blogger.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

People I Follow on YouTube

I confess.  I have an addiction.  Actually, if I was going to be really truthful, I have several.  This one is related to the internet specifically.

I am addicted to YouTube.

I have had said addiction for many years.  Sometimes it's really bad and sometimes I go for long periods of time without it.  Depends on my boredom level.  Due to this addiction, I've picked up a few people on YouTube that I LOVE to follow.  I want to share them with you.

ShayCarl
  
Shay Carl is a dad of 4, married to his beautiful wife Katilette, and is one crazy, awesome guy!  His beard has it's own following.  I mean, really.  That has to tell you something.  He has 3 channels, ShayCarl (creativity channel), ShayLoss (weight loss channel), and Shaytards (daily vlog channel).  Shaytards is the second most subscribed to channel of all time on YouTube and that's the one I like best!  I started watching Shay when he and his family lived in Idaho and he was a radio DJ.  He decided to make YouTube his job and moved the family to L.A. so he could collaborate with other popular YouTubers.  They have since moved back to Idaho but they are still that crazy, energetic family that captures the attention of his 760,000 subscribers.  I love watching the "Shaytard's" everyday lives and in a way getting to know them even if they may never get to know me.  

Nalts
 
Nalts is also a professional YouTuber and he was my very first subscription and the beginning of my addiction.  Kevin Nalts is definitely one of the YouTube pioneers.  Kevin Nalts is also a dad of 4 (let me see if I can remember: Katie, Patrick, Grant, Charlie. Yay!) and is married to Jo, aka WifeofNalts. Nalts is the self-deemed "Viral Video Genius" and has written a book about using online video to help your business called "Beyond Viral Video."  Nalts is famous for his pranks.  Jo has a lot of patience.  I give props to that woman.  In his uploads, he also has a lot of creative work as well as some family fun.  Nalts, like Shay, has more than one channel and the one I like the best is UncleNalts daily vlog channel.  Lots of variety from this man's life.

Rhett & Link
 This channel is a little different than the other two I've listed.  Rhett & Link is not a daily vlog channel.  These guys are all creativity.  They've made CDs with their crazy songs and even had their viewers help them design a real 'mythical' shoe!  They also make hilarious 'commercials' for local businesses around the U.S.  They have some of the most inventive and well-done videos on YouTube.  These are some of my favorites from them:  Drive-Thru Folk Song. You HAVE to see it.  The Taco Bell guy deserves a raise.  Another one I like from them is Kid Dumbbells which is just kid & dad heart-melty-goodness!  Also, you may have seen a McDonald's commercial they did based on this video called T-shirt war.


 Kandee Johnson
Kandee is a bubbly, bold, and sweet mother and professional make-up artist.  Her videos are mainly make-up and beauty tutorials.  She has a wide range of looks for you to try out.  She talks make-up tips and tricks, hair care, beauty products, and inner beauty.  She never fails to tell her subscribers that they're beautiful, and even though I don't know her personally she still manages to make me feel special.  Kandee, like most of the other popular YouTubers, has two channels and I am subscribed to both.  One is mainly make-up and beauty stuff.  The other was recently the headquarters for her pregnancy videos!  She had a beautiful baby girl in January and even shares her story about her first home birth experience.  Kandee is the perfect self-esteem pick me up.


So, those are some of my favorite people to follow on YouTube.  Someone else I recommend checking out is 10000 Pennies who does political math.  His illustrations are fun and easy to understand.  Anyways, take some time and check these people out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment