Bienvenidos!

My name is Molly, and I am your tour guide...err, I mean blogger.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Essentials For Your 'I have a cold' Kit

Yep. That's what I have.  A cold. Blah.

Hardly unusual for this time of year (is there a time of year when it *is* unusual to get a cold?), today I'm not feeling miserable but breathing would make me feel better.   I went out to the grocery store and bought some stuff to keep in my office.  I took DayQuil over an hour ago and I'm still stuffed.  This got me to thinking though: There are some things that should just be in your 'Cold' kit.

KLEENEX
A no-brainer.
HAND SANITIZER
Always comes after the kleenex.
LOTION
Always comes after the hand sanitizer (keeps your hands from drying out).
VICKS VAPORUB
This has always been in the kit at my house for colds. Helps with coughs and clearing your nose.
VASELINE
Keeps your nose from getting raw.
DEGONGESTANT
Which ever brand you like best.
IBUPROFEN
For when your sinuses make your head hurt like someone hit you.
COUGH DROPS
I like Hall's Defense in assorted citrus.  I get my Vitamin C, my throat gets less sore, and they taste good. 
ORANGE JUICE
I got some 13.5 oz bottles of Simply Orange today. Perfect for keeping with you all day.


I think that pretty well covers the basics.  Of course there are other things which help with a cold:  hot showers, hugs from people you love, and sleep.  But you can't carry those with you all day in your kit. Bummer.


On another note, again I have neglected my blog for some time.  One of these days I will learn discipline, grasshopper.  I won't lie, there's been some stuff going on.  The most urgent of which is Joanne Heim, the 38-year-old wife of a coworker who had a stroke a week ago.  If you would like to be kept up to date on her condition or what's been going on, or would like to help with the medical bills you can do it all on Joanne's blog which her husband has been updating:  thesimplewife.typepad.com

If you're so inclined, wander back into some of the older posts, before the stroke, and read some of her hilarious and helpful posts.  Prayers for her and her family are greatly coveted.

ALSO, thanks to my 2 followers! YAY! :)  Sorry I've been so lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment