Bienvenidos!

My name is Molly, and I am your tour guide...err, I mean blogger.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here and there...and everywhere

Happy Turkey Day Eve!

It's a wonderful day on the face of the planet. It's the day before we stuff ourselves and the day before the day before we go broke.  Anyone else trying to save room up for dinner tomorrow?

Ok, so true to my previous habits, it's been since last week that I posted anything. I'm afraid I don't have anything particularly poignant to post, just an update/journal.  Mainly, just to get into the habit of writing:

Saturday, my fiance and I took my youngest brother up to the Lego Store to turn in his wishlist (with a chance of winning something off of it!).  It was a wonderfully fun day.  It's nice to get to treat someone like that.  I bought him the Lego men that he built (3 for $10), but only gave him one. The rest I'll save for his birthday.  We had lunch in the food court (I got my brother to eat Popeyes chicken! Yay for breaking through picky-eaters!), and stopped last in the Toys R Us express store where I bought my fiance part of HIS Christmas present. I love geeks.  The whole day, it was surreal to walk around with my future hubby and a child.  It was kind of fun! :)  I know it won't feel the same when it's our own kids, but I hope it feels just as fun.

Also over the weekend, my brand-spanking-new niece went into the ER. Turns out she has meningitis. They started administering antibiotics and she is doing infinitely better.  They think she may have had it right away, but it only now got bad.  I pray there's no long-term damage, and that my sister and her husband avoid contracting it.

Then yesterday, my fiance had a really, REALLY rough day.  Nothing seemed to be going right for him.  He was very frustrated and it just kept building. I felt quite helpless. I couldn't seem to make it better.  We went out for lunch and before we got up to go in the restaurant, he vented a little. I still felt helpless, but apparently it made him feel better.  We had a long talk over lunch about the best thing I can do for him on days like that.  It was a good, informative, and it gives me hope for working problems out when we're married. 

The afternoon didn't turn out much better for him though.  We were both hoping he could take a 'mental health' afternoon from work, but it wasn't to be.  I was starting to worry because our wonderful coworkers had planned to have an engagement party for us and I didn't want him to go into it feeling so lousy.  We get off of work at 5 and the party was at 6.  I stayed at work and he went home and came back to work to get me at 6, and he was a little better.  In we went.

Both of us find it weird and slightly uncomfortable to be the center of attention, but it went well.  Pizza, Apples-to-Apples, and lots of questions we don't necessarily have the answers to just yet.  At the end of the night, we were both in a good mood and I was very, very thankful for that. 

I am also thankful for a few days off of work! I'm hoping my mom will let me cook a ham for Thanksgiving dinner, so I can feel like I've contributed and can cook. Tadaa!  Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hello? Is it working? ;)

    I do like the blog. The last one kinda made me laugh as I felt sorry for you too, since I know how hard it is for you to make decisions :). I'm glad the engagement party went well, sounds like it was fun! As well as the trip to the Lego store. I'm curius what you got your fiance at Toys R Us... I haven't been there in ages.

    Love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete