Bienvenidos!

My name is Molly, and I am your tour guide...err, I mean blogger.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Matrimonious Decisions Pt. 2 - The Venue Hunt

There are SO many places to have a get together. Hotels, ranches, churches, breweries, etc.

Unfortunately, most of them cost an arm, leg, and your firstborn. When we first started looking for venues for the wedding, I felt very fortunate that neither his nor my church had a building. That meant I could choose anything I wanted. I could choose something beautiful. Something I really liked. Then we started looking. I saw many places that looks beautiful, the kind of place I would love to have as a back-drop...and then I looked at the price.

*choke* *spasm* *twitch*

I in NO way make enough money to justify putting down a down payment to reserve a place that is as much as my largest student loan. Our budget is mainly this: as cheap as possible. Though these places were gorgeous, I can't even consider them. It's ok. I'm not bitter.

My mother also filled my inbox with options, though we didn't really look at the price there either. It just disappoints me.

Fortunately, my man is a member of an E. Free church and there are a few well connected ones in town. Hopefully, because he's a member we can not spend what equals 2.5 months of my pay. And hopefully, at least one of them has a beautiful sanctuary.

Now to make the phone calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment